Join the Ontario Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) to get cutting-edge information on special education in Ontario.
CEC is the leading professional organization of educators dedicated to advancing the success of children with exceptionalities. CEC advocates for appropriate governmental policies, sets professional standards, provides professional development, and offers the resources necessary for effective professional practice. CEC is known as THE source for information, resources, and professional development for special educators.
As a member of the Ontario CEC Unit, you join CEC International and are automatically linked to Ontario CEC member updates, conference prices, and Ontario-specific information.
Professional development tailored to your local practice:
- Online and in-person Unit webinars, conferences, and other professional development events led by special education experts
- Discounts on the Annual Ontario CEC Conference
- Access to Ontario CEC newsletters, updates, and alerts designed to give you the resources and information you need
Support from your local network of peers:
- Opportunities to ask questions, share ideas, and connect with other special educators in your area through Unit meet-ups, chats, book clubs, and more
- Ability to get involved with Ontario CEC leadership and volunteer at the local level
- Access to the exclusive CECommunity All-Member Forum
- Option to join Special Interest Divisions (additional investment required)
Membership with CEC International and resources you can trust:
- Member access to CEC's online learning, webinars, and professional development offerings through the CEC Learning Library
- Discounts on books and CEC products, as well as CEC’s Annual Convention & Expo
- Regular policy updates and access to advocacy opportunities
- Access to CEC's award-winning journals, TEACHING Exceptional Children and Exceptional Children
Select the membership category that’s right for you!
Current undergraduate or graduate students who have not yet worked as a professional. Student membership is not available to those professionals seeking additional degrees or certifications. Student memberships include a Student Educator Professional Liability Insurance policy for up to $1 million of coverage (eligibility requirements apply.)
Special or general education professionals with three or fewer years of professional experience. All new professionals are welcome—classroom, itinerant, resource teachers, support personnel, researchers, faculty members, administrators, and others.
Special or general education professionals with more than three years of professional experience and interested parties. All are welcome—classroom, itinerant, resource teachers, support personnel, researchers, faculty, administrators, family members, retired professionals, and others.